Cool Season Turf: Hybrid Organic Lawn Guide - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
This plan is updated annually each Spring!
THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD: All materials are digital and sent to you INSTANTLY in PDF format. You will not receive a physical book. Save the file on any computer, tablet, or phone. Instant download means you can START TODAY!
IMPORTANT: This plan covers the following Cool Season grass types which are primarily in the areas noted below in Blue:
- Kentucky Bluegrass
- Fescue (including Turf Type Tall Fescue)
If you live in the area marked in blue below, you most likely have cool-season grass.
The guide covers month-by-month exactly what to put down and when to put it down with recommendations on exact products to use. Most of the products we recommend can be found easily at big box stores or independent garden centers in your area.
Each year, I personally update almost every chapter of the book to give more detail and reference more of the content that I have been creating for the past 10 years on YouTube, in my emails, and on my blog. The guide brings everything together into a 100+ page format that is easy to follow during the season.
These guides are written for beginners, but I can promise even the most advanced Lawn Care Nuts will get their money’s worth. In this guide you’ll get:
- An easy-to-follow strategy based on temperatures, not time of year. This approach makes the information universal: no matter where you live, the plan lines up.
- An introduction to the common cool-season grass types, strengths of each, and how to maximize them.
- Strategies to eliminate weeds through preventative and proactive strategies with the end goal to reduce pesticide use overall. Most recommended products are easily available at local stores.
- In-depth soil testing strategies and how to use those to help you "choose your own" lawn care adventure.
- Detailed breakdowns of fertilizers, Nitrogen rates, and cost associated with each written for beginners and advanced Lawn Care Nuts alike.
- Insect and Disease control strategies that utilize products you can get at any big box store or local garden center.
- Bio-Stimulant strategies focused on caring for the soil to optimize your approach and results.
- How to plan and execute a successful lawn aeration and seeding project in the fall. No need to torch it and start over - this strategy will show you how to rejuvenate nearly any lawn.
Here are the plans you can choose from:
"The Basic Hybrid-Organic Plan" gives you exactly step-by-step, which products to apply throughout the year, how much of each product you’ll need, and results to expect. If you’re only going to read one part of the guide, this is the part you read. Most folks follow this plan because most of the recommendations I make are easily found at any big box store.
“The All-Liquid Plan” if you like to “Squirt your fert” this one gives you exactly, step-by-step which liquid products to spray during the season. Fert, bio-stimulants, insect, disease, and weed control, all liquid. This is a solid plan and only requires a pump sprayer and hose-end sprayer to get started.
"Make Scotts 4-Step Great Again Plan" - this is a plan perfected by the good folks at Scotts that have been used by your Grandad and mine for years. I've juiced it up a bit with bio-stims but for those of you just starting your lawn care journey, it's the perfect place to begin for your first season.
Additionally, when you purchase, all future updates to the guide are FREE.
We update yearly to stay on the cutting edge of the lawn care world and automatically send you the new, refreshed guide in the early spring of each year.
When you purchase either guide, you'll also get access to our Private Lawn Care Nut Facebook Group.
There you can ask specific questions about problems you're having in your lawn, share success stories, and connect with a wily group of other Lawn Care Nuts. I also occasionally do free giveaways to the group as a special "thank you" and they're the first ones in the know when we launch new products.
I have the group professionally moderated by a number of other lawn care experts (as well as myself) who can help you at any step you're in on your lawn care journey.
These guides are the key to taking your lawn to the next level. Check out these success stories:
Here's what some of our other happy members have to say when asked about the guide:
NOTE: I do want to be clear that over the last 10 years I’ve covered a lot of the content in this guide across my newsletter, podcast, and YouTube Channel.
However, trying to tie together a lawn care plan by combing through years of my YouTube content is tough, so the benefit of this book is that it pulls everything together for you into a concise, easy-to-follow format.
You’ll be able to know exactly what to throw down for your lawn and when quickly and efficiently. That is the power of having a step-by-step plan right by your side, guiding you along the way.
If you want a hard copy the guide is designed to be very printer friendly. The reason we only carry in digital format is due to it having over 130+ resource links.
Once your payment has been processed, you will be emailed a link to download the guide. You will also receive a receipt and download link to the email address used to purchase.